[PD] amp simulator

Matthew Allen matthew at lith.com
Tue Apr 20 18:57:02 CEST 2004

I have actually thought about this a bit, and did some trolling through
the music-dsp list at calarts. First check out this page:

www.simulanalog.org. it's a research project studying dsp techniques for
analog simulation. It's a great start for this type of thing.

Also just doing a search on the Music-Dsp page gets you a bunch of great
little theoretical how-to's (from constructing an IR from the amp you
want to model and then running your signal through a realtime
convolution, to various waveshaping ideas (with pre and post filters).

I personally have not built an amp patch, but its on my very very long
to do list.

m.