[PD] hdsp & pd (again..)

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 22 09:31:55 CEST 2004

Zitiere julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net:

> well, of course 64 samples is only the HARWARE latency (and it
> corresponds to
> 1.5 ms @ 44100 Hz) ;
> "2 periods" regards software processing only (correct me if I'm wrong)
>
> and here, "2.9 ms (64 smp)" meant : "when I use a buffer size of 64
> samples on
> the HDSP, the global latency told by Qjackctl is 2.9 ms"

actually that is what i was talking about:
when qjackctl tells me that i have a latency of 2.9ms, most users (i assume)
tend to say: "oh cool, so i get a latency of 2.9ms!!"

i just wanted to make clear, that the numbers in qjackctl are only part of the
truth.

unfortunately i haven't yet been able to test the latency of a system without pd
(just wiring the inputs of the hdsp to the outputs via jack)

anyhow, the patch i use for latency-measuring can be downloaded from our cvs via
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.iem.at:/cvsroot/latency login
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.iem.at:/cvsroot/latency co pd

(compiled versions of zexy and iemlib1 are included in the cvs)

> sorry for the confusion

me too.

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes