[PD] from \ to / (GriPD)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 22 15:26:54 CEST 2004

guillaume wrote:
> Please, Help me:
>
> I have a problem with the function openpanel of GriPD, it returns it
> file name with \ as separator, but the soundfiler object  understands only
> /.  Is there somebody who knows how to handle the chains  characters under
> PD?...

but i always thought that pd would have no problems with backslashes in
filenames (on windows). the only problem would be to type backslashes
(which is prohibited), but since GriPD does this for you there shouldn't
be a problem.

you could try the joys of zexy and use [s2l] with a delimiter of "\" (to
convert the filename into a list of path-elements) and then use [l2s]
with a delimter "/" (to convert the list of path-elements into a
filename). a somewhat unhandy way to replace characters. i am sure there
are simpler solutions for this but i know none

mfg..asdr
IOhannes