[PD] using pd with jack / audiotrak maya EX

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Apr 23 11:56:32 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Matthew Yee-King hat gesagt: // Matthew Yee-King wrote:

> I have read that it is possible to run pd using jackd with the audiotrak
> maya ex7, and that you can get 8 channels up on the dac~ object.
>
> I have recently acquired a maya EX (has 6 outs, but features a digital
> optical input unlike the EX7). I cannot seem to convince jackd to work
> with the card. I guess this might be one for the jack list... but i'm
> starting here.
>
> can anyone tell me if they have used this card with linux/ jackd and pd?
> what arguments did you use to jackd to get it to run? what jackd and
> alsa version are you using?

I have used it with Jack and I think, with Pd directly as well, and I
now own the Terratec Aureon USB, which technically is the same device
as the Maya EX. If you use Pd you probably should start Pd in alsa
mode now and use -noadc as I *think* (migth be wrong) that Pd doesn't
like different numbers of input and output channels.

If you want to record as well you probably need to use Jack. I don't
remember the exact settings I used, but it did work. I use Jack
0.94.0.  Try playing with the settings for --inchannels and
--outchannels, always use 48 kHz samplerate, try different period
sizes and counts

Ciao