[PD] audio gets "scratchy"

David Merrill dmerrill at media.mit.edu
Fri Apr 23 21:16:36 CEST 2004

Hi there - has anyone had the problem with PD where the audio gets
"scratchy" after a while? I am using tabread4~ to read samples out of
arrays, and sequencing this with OSC. From there, I run the audio
through some effects (vcf~, a tremolo and ring-modulator that I built, a
pitch-shifter, etc..) It seems like after a minute or so, the audio
starts getting really grainy and broken up. Even when I re-route the
signal *around* all of the effects, it remains deteriorated until I
restart PD. At first I thought that maybe I was messing things up by
throw~ ing too many signals at the same time onto a summing bus, and it
was clipping, but I've since fixed that problem. Any ideas about what
might be causing this, and how I could fix?
much appreciated,
David Merrill