[PD] RE: [PD-announce] RRADical in CVS

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Apr 24 16:13:26 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Georg Holzmann hat gesagt: // Georg Holzmann wrote:

> First thanks for your RRApid help!
> Now I removed the iemlib and added Cyclone (so my loaded externals now are
> Cyclone, pool, zexy and OSC) but I still get a lot of errors:
>
> e.g. if I start 02-tut.pd:
>
> rradical.state.pd 3 4 2 0 (pool->print) connection failed
> rradical.state.pd 3 4 2 0 (pool->print) connection failed
> * OSC-route: float arguments are not OK.
>  OSCroute $1
> ... couldn't create

Okay, this is normal, but I should write about this in the patch: If
someone creates an [originator] object whose first argument doesn't
start with a slash, then OSC functionality iy disabled, because the
OSCroute will not be able to work. If you follow the tutorial a bit
more, then you will later find patches with the slash, where also this
error won't be printed anymore. But the basic state saving also works
without OSC.

> pool: message unhandled - inlet:0 args:2 symbol:mkchdir
> pool: message unhandled - inlet:0 args:2 symbol:mkchdir
> pool: message unhandled - inlet:0 args:2 symbol:mkchdir
> pool: message unhandled - inlet:0 args:2 symbol:mkchdir
> pool: message unhandled - inlet:0 args:2 symbol:mkchdir
> pool: message unhandled - inlet:0 args:2 symbol:mkchdir

This is serious: You will need to somewhere get a newer [pool] binary.
The mkchdir message was introduced after 0.1.0 and it's an important
message in the Memento stuff.

Also the printroot was introduced later, but this isn't that
important, it's just to print out the content of a pool to the
console.

> So it seems to me that there is something wrong with the pool object, but I
> have pool 0.1.0 and I think that's the latest version of that external.

The CVS has the newer source version 0.2.0, but as I don't use Pd on
Windows or Mac, I don't know, where a binary for those OSes could be.

Ciao