[PD] RE: [PD-announce] RRADical in CVS

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Apr 24 17:33:57 CEST 2004

Hallo,
> I plan on making proper final releases of the MacOS X and Windows
> installers in May.  Will you help me get RRADical incorporated into
> these installers?  It'll reduce these kind of questions on the list a
> lot.  Part of this effort will be converting IEMlib to individual
> objects, which is the last major source of naming conflicts.

Yes, splitting IEMLIB will help very much against conflicts. But you
wouldn't need to split t3_iemlib, though, because these are all
unique.

Adding RRADical to an installer should be easy, because it's simply a
bunch of abstractions. Just add most of them to the path and it's
done. rrad.angriff~ uses some older helper abstractions in
abstractions/footils/angriff for the drum sound generation, the
"usecases" also use the things in abstractions/footils/foo but this is
not central to the rrad patches themselves.

Regarding externals, unless I forget something, those are used: Zexy,
Cyclone, IEMLIB, pool, maxlib, OSC. Some examles use plugin~ for
LADSPA-plugins in Linux, but those will get reworked later. (They are
just there to have some more stuff to show at LAConf2.). There also is
a rrad.fluid~ which wraps fluid~ but is of not much use, if someone
doesn't want to or can use the fluid~ external.

Ciao