[PD] RE: freeverb~ linux help file? (David Merrill)

Jason Plumb jason at noisybox.net
Sun Apr 25 08:25:45 CEST 2004

 >Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:19:40 -0400
 >From: David Merrill <dmerrill at media.mit.edu>
 >To: PD-list <PD-list at iem.kug.ac.at>
 >Subject: [PD] freeverb~ linux help file?
 >
 >Hi -
 >Is there a help file for freeverb~ under linux? It has 7 inlets, and >I'm
 >trying to figure out how to use it.
 >thanks,
 >David Merrill

I'm not familiar with freeverb~ (directly as a pd plugin) per se, but
I've built abstrations around [plugin~] (LADSPA) that use freeverb
(freeverb3).

If you make a [plugin~ freeverb3] and send it a print message, it will
spit out the usage on the console.  Mine says:

This is plugin~ version 0.2 -- NO WARRANTY -- Copyright (C) 2000 Jarno
Sepp?nen
freeverb3: "Freeverb (Version 3)"; control 6 in/0 out; audio 2 in/2 out
Loaded from library "/usr/lib/ladspa/cmt.so".
Control input(s):
  #1 "Freeze Mode"
  #2 "Room Size"
  #3 "Damping"
  #4 "Wet Level"
  #5 "Dry Level"
  #6 "Width"
Control output(s):
Audio input(s):
  #1 "Input (Left)"
  #2 "Input (Right)"
Audio output(s):
  #1 "Output (Left)"
  #2 "Output (Right)"

Maybe that gets you started?  [plugin~ freeverb3] only has 3 inlets, 2
for audio, 1 for controls, and there are 6 controls.  Hope that helps.

-jason
http://noisybox.net