[PD] Zexy and PDP Compilation Problems

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Sun Apr 25 21:11:09 CEST 2004

Hey list,

I'm pretty new to compilation of things not made by me, so bear with me if this is moronic. I've downloaded the
zexy and pdp sources from the CVS, and am having problems comiling them on Debian Sarge kernel 2.6.3.

When I go to the zexy directory (/usr/lib/pd/externs/zexy/src/), read the instructions, alter the makefile to
suit my directories, and type make, it says "make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop." So I
give it a target with "make makefile.linux" and I get "make: Nothing to be done for `makefile.linux'." So I
type "make clean" and I get "make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop." I'm guessing this is a pretty
simple error of ignorance to the workings of make.

So. PDP.

I type "./configure --prefix=/usr/lib" it works.
I type "make" and I get:

pdp_imageproc_common.c: In function `_sign':
pdp_imageproc_common.c:292: warning: use of cast expressions as lvalues is deprecated
make[2]: *** [pdp_imageproc_common.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/pd/externs/pdp/system/image'
make[1]: *** [common] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/pd/externs/pdp/system'
make: *** [pdp_all] Error 2

...after a bunch of the usual make output. I tried it as root and as a regular user. I have libgsl0 and
libgsl0-dev and libquicktime1 and libpng installed from apt-get.

So, yeah. Any help would be very much appreciated.

-ian