[PD] open source Pd workshops

martin pichlmair pi at attacksyour.net
Mon Apr 26 12:02:42 CEST 2004

> Darn, I don't
> know much else than that I don't like CC, and I can't even put my CC
> aversion into sensible words.

first of all you are not alone with your aversion: the big run on CC
licenses did not start - there has to be a reason, since it is a very
well marketed license. at least in austria, some important privacy/free
software related groups do not trust it.

another point: except for japanese jurisdiction, the licenses have not
been adapted to national laws. in fact i am quite sure that they aren't
worth anything in europe. there have been some cases proving that GPL
is valid in germany - yet it took many years and thousands of files
licensed under it to make it "established law" - the situation is
different with CC.

but maybe it is better to chose a CC license than any more obscure or
no at all or an inapplicable (like GPL afaik).

lg
martin

attacksyour.net/pi