[PD] Realtime Linux Security Module

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Apr 26 19:34:20 CEST 2004

The realtime LSM allows you to run programs with realtime capabilities
as a normal user. In terms of performance it boils down to the same as
setting pd suid root, but it is more secure WRT to hackers.

This is very good news, especially if you want to have realtime
performance and high security at the same time.

In order to use this, Pd needs a simple patch. This is because pd -rt
currently checks if it is run under root permissions, and if it
doesn't it won't set the realtime settings.

Guenter