[PD] Zexy and PDP Compilation Problems

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Tue Apr 27 02:29:28 CEST 2004

> > "make -f makefile.linux"
> > (means: do make and read configuration from makefile.linux)
> >
> > "make makefile.linux" would mean: read configuration the standard
> > makefile (either "makefile" or "Makefile") and try to build the
> target
> > "makefile.linux" (which is non-existant)

Thanks, this got it working.

> remove the -Werror from the makefile,
> you seem to have the right librairies already.

I'm not clear what you mean by that. I looked in the Makefile for PDP after I did "./configure
--prefix=/usr/lib --enable-mmx --enable-pwc" and didn't find anything similar to the error I got:

-Werror -I. -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I../include -I../../include    -o pdp_imageproc_common.o -c
pdp_imageproc_common.c
pdp_imageproc_common.c: In function `_sign':
pdp_imageproc_common.c:292: warning: use of cast expressions as lvalues is deprecated
make[2]: *** [pdp_imageproc_common.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/pd/externs/pdp/system/image'
make[1]: *** [common] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/pd/externs/pdp/system'
make: *** [pdp_all] Error 2

I noticed that there had been an error when running configure on PDP, but installing libquicktime-dev (only had
libquicktime1) fixed that. I ran configure again and still go the above error. If it is a compiler issue as
IOhannes suggests, what can I do about that?

Thanks for the help, Zexy's running fine now, and hopefully PDP will be soon to follow.

-ISH