[PD] Netserver + UDP

Jorge Cardoso jccardoso at porto.ucp.pt
Tue Apr 27 17:20:25 CEST 2004

That was my first attempt but unfortunately it doesn't work :
- Most browsers' Java VMs don't allow untrusted applets to learn
 it's IP address for security reasons.

- Even if the applet could send the client machine's IP, if
 that machine belongs to a network that uses private Ips (i.e., is
 behind a firewall/NAT machine) it would be useless...

So what I really need is to learn the address from the point
of view of the destination (PD).

[netserver] does the job but only for TCP connections but UDP is
more suited in my case.