[PD] texture a waveform in gem

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 27 19:26:05 CEST 2004

Nicholas Ward wrote:
> Hi,
> Im wondering if this is doable. I want to texture map a
> waveform/spectrograph from an audio input on an object in gem.  Or just
> display an audio waveform/spectrograph in the gem window. So i speak
> into a microphone and the resulting waveform  is displayed in gem  .
> Any ideas or suggestions?
> Thanks
> Nicky

spectograms with pd/Gem canbe done via the [pix_sig2pix~]-objects and
apropriate [block~]-settings.
however, simple wave-forms cannot be displayed that easily (although it
a [pix_scope~] has been on my todo-list for years); i think there is a
similar object in pdp (or pidip) which you could then use with [pdp2gem].

and just recently somebody posted an example-patch for using the
openGL-wrapper things to display a sine-wave.
you could use this for arbitrary wave-forms too (and the clue is: it
wouldn't be a texture but a real 3D-structure; you could even make some
magic with the 3rd coordinate)

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes