[PD] GEM + Logitech Quickcam = no textures

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Thu Apr 29 01:26:25 CEST 2004

I got the kernel compiled and pwcx installed. I behaves similarly, except for an added message in kern.log:

pwc decode_size = 1
pwc set_video_mode(160x120 @ 10, palette 15)

This is the output from Gem, which looks just about the same as before the new kernel and modules.

starting transfer
cap: name Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 type 1 channels 1 maxw 640 maxh 480 minw 160 minh 120

picture: brightness 31744 depth 24 palette 15

channel 0 name Webcam type 2 flags 0

setting to channel 0
buffer size 921600, frames 2, offset 0 460800

wanted format is 0x1908
setting cmcapture to 160x120    5
now trying standard palette 15
frame 0 0, format 15, width 160, height 120

GEM: pix_video: Opened video connection C
vmmap 825A264
VIDIOCSYNC: Invalid argument
stop transfer

Now, with block and p2s-s2p the cube is mapped with a blurry garble and intermittent fuzzy cyan dots. But this
is different distortion than I was getting before, it's similiar to using p2s-s2p w/out the block object on the
old kernel. The new kernel is 2.6.5 with pwc/x 0.9 beta.

I'm stumped at this point, so help of any kind would be great.

-Ian