[PD] Is there a 'switch' object?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 29 14:52:14 CEST 2004

matthew jones wrote:
> hi,
> I would stick process 1 in one subpatch, process 2 in a second subpatch, and
> control them by sending 1's and 0's to switch~ objects inside each subpath,
> turning them on or off.  This just turns dsp on/off for that subpatch.

i do think, that "signal flow" was *not* referring to pd's signals but
rather to messages (considering the terms "Gem" and "video processing"
in the original mail)
but of course [switch~] this is perfect for this kind of things.

[moses] just works on streams of floats, so it is not really useful for
unspecified "messages"

mfg.asd.aas
IOhannes