[PD] Is there a 'switch' object?

carmen ix at replic.net
Thu Apr 29 15:04:40 CEST 2004

> I'm wondering if an object exists that can act as a 'switch'. What I mean is
> that when it is in one state, the signal flow continues in one direction and
> when in the other it goes in another direction, basically deactivating the

theres surely a dozen more ways to do this, but a toggle & a pair of spigots fed with == 0 and == 1//

> the switch is in another state. All this to save cpu, since both processes
> could be placed inline, but would consume too  much cpu.

suppose you have two subpatches both heavily taxing the cpu with audio-rate signal processing, but due to your switch, you only want one of them on at once. is there a way to selectively disable dsp on a subpatch basis? i saw something in the help files about a similar trick for blocksize, but perhaps i havent dug deep enough to into the scheduler code or help files to know if something like a simple toggle .x40203 DSP 0 method exists..