[PD] Paradiddle- passing symbols, not numbers

Andreas Niemand niemand at orangelight.de
Sat May 1 23:27:11 CEST 2004

I am currently exploring paradiddle for pd. My idea is to set up a
paradiddle-gui for a video mixer via gem/pd.

As my understanding for paradiddle goes, I assign a name to a
gui-element in interface-builder and receive those messages within pd.
My problem is: Via numbers and bangs or toggles I can react in pd on
numbers or switches (true/false). But how can I receive strings sent
from paradiddle to be recognized by pd ?

How can I assign names to objects that can deal with strings ?

Einen wunderschoenen Tag wuenscht

Andreas