[PD] PiDiP rec~

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Sun May 2 22:23:38 CEST 2004

Howdy,

I've got an issue trying to record from my Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 with pdp_rec~. I put pdp in its own
thread, open /dev/video0, create a window, hit the [metro 40] and the image shows up fine and pretty. I then
send "compressor raw" to pdp_rec~ and open ./001.mov then hit start. I then get a long list of this:

quicktime_encode_video_stub called
pdp_rec~ : error writing frame : ret=1

Tried it with "compressor jpeg" too and I got a crash and segmentation fault. I also tried putting pdp_affine
in between v4l and rec~, with no effect. I also tried the help patch for pdp_rec~ with the same results.

I can live for the time being without this object if I have a way of capturing sequential frames as jpegs, but
I can't find an object in the pdp reference that does that. Maybe there's some way of just writing packets to
an array?

Thanks, sorry I'm having so many problems these days. I'd make y'all cookies, but they'd get stale in the
mail.

-Ian