[PD] Separating variables sent to PD via TCP Socket

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon May 3 14:15:50 CEST 2004

Nick Giles wrote:
> Hello.

> application to PD through the same socket.   Is there anyway to do this?
>
> I have tried using the receive function as the help for "netreceive"
> mentions that you can separate variables in this way, for example:
>
> "receive var1"
> "receive var2"

i don't understand what you are talking about precisely.

however, what you want to do is send (from VB) things like "var1 <v1>"
and "var2 <v2>", e.g: "pitch 440" and "gain 0.5".
then use [route var1 var2 ...] (e.g: [route pitch gain]) to separate yor
variables based on their name.

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes