[PD] Discovered Objects! (Cool things I found this weekend!)

Matthew Allen matthew at lith.com
Mon May 3 19:19:22 CEST 2004

	So over the last couple of weeks I have been pointed to some
great externals through offhanded comments on the list (Zexy's
[sigzero~] being the most recent nifty tool. I have decided that
whenever I come across something interesting in my weekend travels I
would do a quick post to the list about it.

	This weekends fun externals are the suite of [biquad~] helpers
from Guenter Geiger (in ggee) [lowpass], [highpass], [bandpass], and
[notch]. I have been messing with the built in [biquad~] for a couple of
weekends, with a calculator in one hand and my dog eared copy of the
Computer Music Tutorial in the other. I have had limited success. On a
foray into 5.reference/ I decided to take a look at these odd control
objects named after filter types.

	Holy cool batman.

	Basically Guenter has taken all of the crazy math out of my
hands and has given me a set of very easy to use (and easy to implement)
externals that control the raw [biquad~]. I can now get some very nice
sounding filters out of [biquad~], which I could not do easily before.

Thanks a bunch Guenter!

m.