[PD] "click" messages on GUI objects?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Tue May 4 22:27:37 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2 May 2004, Marc Lavallée wrote:

> Le 2 Mai 2004 21:44, Mathieu Bouchard a écrit :
> > I would be curious to know who ever explicitly sends "click" messages to
> > any builtin GUI objects of Pd (bang, toggle, etc.).
> Is it any different from a "bang" message?
> Could it be considered as an alias to "bang"?

on [bng] and [tgl] it's essentially the same as a bang message; however
for other IEM objects it is not the case: it's actually a way to implement
the handling of mouse clicks. In IMPD this is going away right now,
because the server part of those objects won't directly know anything GUI
like mouseclicks. The "click" messages still could be supported as a
server->client->server detour if necessary.

oh, and a snapshot of IMPD "0.37.B" is due soon, whenever those messages
get eliminated (and that i sort out enough of my bugs).