[PD] pd -rt and linux 2.6

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Thu May 6 08:34:27 CEST 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > but still i experience some problems when using the hdsp with pd:
> > i can only run either jack or pd with in realtime mode. if i run both:
> > watchdog: signaling pd...
>
> Okay, this is one I know. You probably run the devel version.

If you run an old version (either devel or miller) this might explain
the behaviour. If not, I would really like to figure out what is
happening. Thomas Charbonnel, maintainer of the RME HDSP driver told
me at the ZKM meeting that it would not pay off to include ALSA support
for the HDSP in PD, because JACK is working perfectly and offers
so many advantages.

Guenter