[PD] "click" messages on GUI objects?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Thu May 6 08:39:54 CEST 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Yves Degoyon wrote:
> Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> >on [bng] and [tgl] it's essentially the same as a bang message; however
> >for other IEM objects it is not the case: it's actually a way to implement
> >the handling of mouse clicks. In IMPD this is going away right now,
> >because the server part of those objects won't directly know anything GUI
> >like mouseclicks. The "click" messages still could be supported as a
> >server->client->server detour if necessary.
> unclear, of course, the "click" message is very useful for many
> graphical objects ( cooled~; sonogram~, ... )
> i dunno why you try to over-simplify things.

Well, I don't claim I have the whole picture, which is why I asked the
question in the first place, and you didn't reply to the original query
anyway. I can accept that you snap at me like that, but what I don't
accept is that you don't offer an explanation as to why the "click"
messages are particularly useful to you.

Have a _nice_ day.