[PD] xnetreceive

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Thu May 6 20:28:58 CEST 2004

Pall Thayer wrote:
> Not much of a programmer myself but I tried compiling this on Mac OS X. After commenting
> out the ifdef Unix and all the win stuff, the only error I get is the following... what does this
> mean?

> pallis-Computer:/Applications/pd-0.37-1/src root# gcc xnetreceive.c
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _main
> _binbuf_eval
> _binbuf_free
> _binbuf_getnatom

Looks like ld (the linker) is looking for entry points in pd. Probably
because you need to build it as dynamic shared library as opposed to a
standalone program. In my makefile I have
ld -export_dynamic  -shared ...
which I believe is what it takes to do this in linux, but I don't know
OSX enough to be sure that will work there as well.

Martin