[PD] anyone successfully building PD themselves on windows?

Lex Ein lex_ein at f-m.fm
Thu May 6 21:30:52 CEST 2004

> >and vc6 is really old, you can dwonload vc2003 for free...from microsofts website somewehre, i think its faster than mingw, especially when compiling pd as a VST, but i generally use mingw, it sjust less hassle.:
> >
> >http://whats-your.name/pd/build_pd_mingw32.html has the links

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=272BE09D-40BB-49FD-9CB0-4BFA122FA91B&displaylang=en

Visual C 2003: Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows Server
2003, Windows XP

But there are still folks _insisting_ on using Windows 98 (hopefully SE!)
for their projects...

Hell, I'm sad the DOS version of PD went away.  Yeah, yeah, I know.