[PD] More pdp blues

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Sat May 8 04:25:24 CEST 2004

hello,

nice patch )

well, this patch revealed a bug in the pdp_canvas object,
the packets were not internally freed
and that led to huge memory leaks.

you can find a fixed version here :
http://ydegoyon.free.fr/pidip-0.12.14.tar.gz

this fix also removes the effect of remanence you could see in the canvas :
previous packets were still displayed
although they should have disappeared from the system.
now, this effect has gone and maybe you really wanted it.
in that case, you have to simulate this by using pdp_reg objects.

as regards to the pdp dumps, these only happen in threaded mode,
it means than a pdp object didn't had the time to process a packet
before the next one arrives.
well, you can have a little of this and still have a stable system,
that was not really the problem here.
if you want to remove them totally,
run in non-threaded mode.

cheers,