[PD] ICC compile [or: PD + P4 + Linux = massive headache!]

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri May 7 00:26:28 CEST 2004

After almost constant fighting with nastiness like denormal numbers and
unexplained CPU spikes with PD under Linux on a P4 processor, I have
decided to look into recompiling it using ICC. I reached this conclusion
on that grounds that PD never ran so terribly before when I used
windoze, and it runs quite nice with an Athlon processor under Linux, so
I figure it must be a compiler issue.

Can anyone give me a set of recommended flags, or any other helpful
tips, for doing this? I'm still stuck trying to figure out how to get
ICC working [+ waiting for stupid fscking 'registration key' to arrive
via email... ugh!!!!]

thx,
d.

--