[PD] is there also a [symbol2list]?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon May 10 14:01:53 CEST 2004

hi

there is the [list2symbol]-object from zexy. with this object it is possible
to create symbols with SPACES (very special!!!)
I'm looking for a possibility to reseparate such a symbol with space, so
that i get 2 symbols again. Maybe a [symbol2list] would do that. Or is there
another way to split a symbol in 2 parts?

my problem (maybe another solution would be more realistic):
i'd like to send pairs of symbols with [netclient] to other [netclient]s
over a [netserver]. Important is, that the receiver gets these two symbol as
a pair. the solution i use now, is: every second message completes a pair,
but now it could happen, when two [netclient]s send at the same time, that
the receiver (another [netclient])  gets two wrong pairs ( a1 b1 / a2 b2
instead of  a1 a2 / b1 b2 )

or in general:
how to send lists of various length over [netclient]/[netserver]?