[PD] no-doppler delay

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Tue May 11 11:38:30 CEST 2004

Selon steven pickles <pix at test.test.at>:

> here's an abstraction i made some time ago which does this. it replaces
> delread, and crossfades between two delay lines each time the delay time
> is changed. if you are changing the delay time faster than crossfade
> period, you will get noise though, so it depends what you really want to
> do.

Hello Steven

It seems to work well. The only problem is that you used [delread~] in you
abstraction, which is not very suitable for variable delays. The original [vd~]
object is better for this, and if you use this one inside your abstraction
instead of [delread~], and if the "crossfade period" is inferior to the fastest
delay change, you get no doppler and no clicks.

I posted you the [vdx~] abstraction, which is YOUR abstraction using [vd~], and
a little example (see attached files).

Thanks a lot for your help,