[PD] ...sorry

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 11 16:53:21 CEST 2004

simi at quirxi.net wrote:
> i have problems loading movies with the pix_movie object.
> everytime i try to run the patch i get an error message and the program
> ends.the error message says something like:
> quicktime.qts; but if i try to open avi files the program also
> crashes.
> my pd version is 0.37-1 and my gem version is 0.888 if i got that
> right.

hi.
this is a known issue with QuickTime-6.5; i have sort of fixed it in the
current CVS (but there is no binary available yet)
two things you can do (apart from compiling it yourself) are:
a) wait for some days when we finally manage to release Gem-0.888 (this
has proven to take long in the past)
b) downgrade to QuickTime-6.4

mfg.asd.fr
IOhannes