[PD] Re: flext installation

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Tue May 11 22:33:12 CEST 2004

Hi Marc,

> In the readme file of the flext download it says under building and
> installing (pd - windows):
>
> "..set the compiler environment (vcvars32.bat) and run "build-
> pd.msvc.bat"
>
> Silly questions: set the compiler environment 'to what'; which changes
> are to be made?

these are no actual changes.
The MSVC compiler comes with a batch file (vcvars32.bat) which you can run
and set some environment variables.
These contain some definitions about the system path, include and library
paths that you need for the correct operation of the command-line compiler.
Normally, there's an entry in the Windows start menu somewhere which is
called "Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt" and open a console and runs
the mentioned batch file for you.

> Just found this note of yours on the PD-List:
>
>> Linking...
>> convaudio2~.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _s_signal
>> Debug/convaudio2dynamic.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
>externals - Error executing link.exe.
>> convaudio2dynamic.dll - 2 error(s), 14 warning(s)
>
>the same question was asked not long ago. VC++ seems to have problems
>with linking to data in DLLs. In your code use gensym("signal") instead
>of s_signal.
>
>void *counter_new(t_floatarg f)
>{
>  t_counter *x = (t_counter *)pd_new(counter_class);
>
>  x->i_count=f;
>  outlet_new(&x->x_obj, &s_float);
>
>  return (void *)x;
>}
>
>The VC++ 6.0 compiler does not like the "&s_float" and flags it as a
>linker error (1120, unresolved external [win2k]). The suggestion you
>made above does not help here. What can one do?

Clearly, here it should be gensym("float") instead of &s_float... i can
hardly image that this doesn't help. Could you send me the full error
output?

best greetings,
Thomas