[PD] heavy crash

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Wed May 12 10:38:37 CEST 2004

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> hi.
>
> here comes the lonesome defender of Gem...
>
> Yves Degoyon wrote:
>
>>> yes, you are not alone. But I think it is a GEM problem, and has
>>> nothing to
>>> do with Yves objects.
>>

> i wouldn't have guessed this from martin's email that was explicitly
> talking about pd0.37+pdp+pmpd+pidip (i guess (at least: i hope) he
> would have mentioned Gem if it were in the list)

ok, iohannes, not blaming Gem too much,
i know libquicktime has a lot of problem
and maybe more with recent kernels.

still, Gem was in the list of what was used there,
since pmpd is Gem's based.

but, one thing, i don't think it uses libquicktime,
it's only synthesis from what i know.

the best thing is maybe is maybe to isolate the problem
by using less components ( and maybe this is due to pdp too,
we're just working on suppositions here ).

cheers,
sevy