[PD] pdp_qt freezes pd

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Mon May 17 14:29:19 CEST 2004

olsen wrote:

> it's getting quite rigid on my computer opening a qt-movie compressed
> photojpeg - have to make the finishing move for pd via ctrl+c...
> heres the console output:
> pdp_qt: opening /home/olsen/discovery_photojpeg/gummitwist.mov
> pdp_qt: video stream found (360x288 pixels, 25 fps, 1584 frames, jpeg
> codec)
> pdp_qt: audio stream found (2 channels, 44100 Hz, 2794176 samples,
> chunksize 1764)
> pdp_qt: using colormodel YUV420P
> pdp_qt: /home/olsen/discovery_photojpeg/gummitwist.mov opened
> pdp_xv: autocreate window
> pdp_xvideo: grabbed port 107 on adaptor 0
> Pd: signal 2
>
> is this a libquicktime problem?

yes !
if you want to use libquicktime 0.9.2,
you have to apply the patch tom did for it,
which is there :
http://zwizwa.fartit.com/pd/pdp/libquicktime-0.9.2-mjpeg-0.1.patch.gz

he also wrote to the libquicktime team hoping this patch
will be integrated one day.

another solution is to downgrade to libquicltime 0.9.1
( which i recommend ).

cheers,
sevy