[pd] Gem install Linux?

Bradon Webb amodiuslonodium at yahoo.com
Mon May 17 19:16:03 CEST 2004

I am having trouble getting Gem to install correctly.
I am going through the CCRMA install of Fedora,
because I am so new to Linux and do not understand
much of how it is working.  I installed PD and it
seems to be working alright.  when trying to install
gem through apts I get this message.

[root at localhost root]# apt-get install gem
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean
that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using
the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet
been created
or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is
extremely likely that
the package is simply not installable and a bug report
against
that package should be filed.
The following information may help to resolve the
situation:

  gem: Depends: libfreeglut-1.3.so.0 but it is not
installable
E: Broken packages

I installed glut, but I guess libfreeglut is something
different that I also need to install gem?
libfreeglut does not seem to be something that is
listed on the CCRMA site for download and install?