[pd] externals on linux? [also: audio glitch?]

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon May 17 19:58:05 CEST 2004

Hi again,

I would bet that you aren't loading the zexy library at startup, right?

If you type pd --help, you'll see all your startup arguments. Using the
-lib flag together with the -path flag to tell PD to load Zexy, and
where to find it.

For this and your other prblem with audio glitches, you should
investigate the use of a file called .pdrc, which you put in your
/home/USER directory. The .pdrc contains all you startup arguments,
including the libraries which you load at startup.

Read the manual in the docs section for full details...

My .pdrc looks like this, BTW:

-rt
-audiobuf 50
-r 44100
-path /usr/local/lib/pd/extra
-path /usr/local/lib/pd/abs
-lib zexy:Gem:OSC:plugin~
-lib maxlib:iem_mp3:iem_t3_lib:iemlib1:iemlib2:pdp:pidip

The audio glitches problem can probably be solved by increasing your
audio buffer and/or your blocksize in your .pdrc file. The manual has
more details on this as well.

d.

ps... dear list: shouldn't all this basic stuff be in a FAQ somewhere by
now?

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 40: