[PD] stutter~ ??

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Wed May 19 14:42:06 CEST 2004

> > Jeez! Those Max objects are so specific! I really have the same feeling
> > about them as I have for a lot of fancy VST plugins: it takes the fun
> > out of coming up with a unique effect yourself.

I have the same feeling, though I can't find the right band pass filter in
MSP :)

[stutter~] is a kind of minimal granular synth.
Under Pd, you can start something from
the /pd/doc/3.audio.examples/sampler.transpose.pd example patch. You may add a
dely line somewhere.
Another solution is to use a variable-time no-doppler delay line with
adjustable feedback. This shuffles the sound a lot, especially if you change
the delay time non-continuously. You should also add a short amplitude
enveloppe before or after the delay to extract grains from the sound.