[PD] Fuzzy input level........?

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed May 19 19:16:43 CEST 2004

This is a problem of the linux driver. You can listen to the input,
because it is wired "directly" to your output, but you are not able
to get clean sound into your computer under linux. This happens with
lots of cheap soundchips for laptops (actually I never had a laptop
where sound input worked ), and its because the driver developers
under linux do not have enough information about the chip, in the
most cases. It might be different dependent on which driver you
use (OSS or ALSA).

Guenter