[PD] buffer override

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri May 21 11:20:36 CEST 2004

pd at plakatif.net wrote:
> does anybody know this gorgeous free plugin 'buffer
> override', which produces stuttering glitch effexts out of
> any audio input ?
> http://www.smartelectronix.com/~destroyfx/

Have a look at the DFX externals, epsc the [bufferoverride~] object.

Download from here:
http://pure-data.sourceforge.net/download.php

On a side note, this kind of thing is really what I was talking about
with the Max objects as well... somebody makes a high-level instrument
and everybody else just wants to play with it's sliders. What happened
to the fun of inventing something?

OTOH, I had fun playing with destroyfx's VST version one summer long
ago. About the same time I heard it in just about every demo track mp3
on the web, tho. <sigh.......>

Enjoy!
d.

--