[PD] delay with feedback and clipping

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri May 21 16:17:52 CEST 2004

Julien,

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net wrote:

> but I forgot to say this will be done in realtime with an instrumentist, so
> maybe it's difficult to control this ... the only thing I can do is to decrease
> the microphone input level at these moments

You could use the [limiter~] from Zexy, I think also Unauthorized has
one, and set the limit low enough to prevent your peaks from getting too
high.

I use a lot of comb filters, where the same input is recycled at a very
fast rate [which of course gives the characteristic frequency response
of the comb filter], but my inputs tend to be pretty low anyway. But I
have had situations where the whole thing "blows up" because of too high
an input level combined with too short a delay, so I know what you mean.
So pix is right...catch the level before it gets to the loop.

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl