[PD] Help with special object(s)

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Fri May 21 21:11:50 CEST 2004

thewade wrote:

>Hello list! I have a question for you.
>I want to make an object that only passes bangs and numbers through when the number it recieves changes. Can anyone help me to do this? DO I need a special external of some sort?

Um, I'm not too clear on what you mean, because from what I understand,
you want a trigger--but I'm assuming I'm mistaken. I mean, if you have
something like this:

[   0\                       <- number atom

[t b f]                      <- trigger

it outputs a bang from the left outlet and the number from its right
every time the atom changes. If you hooked something else up to the
inlet like a string message it gives an error and it won't pass anything
but bangs and floats.

I'm confused.

-Ian