[PD] compiling shoutcast~ on OSX

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Sun May 23 00:43:59 CEST 2004

Guessing that OSX compilation is similar enough to Linux's...

If you need to set paths they're usually in the configure script
(usually configure.ac?), though the defaults may work. Generally you
give it the path to the library files' directory and it does the rest.
If you run into an error that says it can't find a *.c or *.h file just
look at what file it can't find, do a search for that file, and add its
directory to the path. There's probably a better way, but I'm just a
little less noob than you, so  don't know it. I usually just try to
compile (of course after following any configurations I /know/ it needs
from the readme or Install helpfile) and then if there's errors deal
with them as they come up.

Hope that's some help.
-Ian