[PD] Crash Bug discovered this weekend.

Matthew Allen matthew at lith.com
Mon May 24 21:58:25 CEST 2004

	I found a crash bug this weekend (tested on both linux with the
latest out of CVS and Millers .37 on a windows 2k machine).

	If you save the above 2 patches in the same directory. Open
CrashParent.pd and hit the bang. This will Kill pd. If you open
CrashPD.pd and change the patch so it does not graph on parent, then the
crash goes away.

	CrashParent.pd basically uses internal messages to create a
subpatch. Within the subpatch it then creates a GOP'ed abstraction.

	I have limited experience with debugging things, so I have no
idea where to start. But first I guess would be to see if it kill other
peoples PD's. And then to ask if I am doing anything completely wrong
with the patch itself.

Thanks.

m.

Scanned on 24 May 2004 19:56:04