[PD] pdp pidip and gem died sudenly

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Sat May 29 18:28:53 CEST 2004

> Thanks tom ,
> but actually , all off this doesn't really mean something for me .
> I was so impatient so i 'm installing a SARGE ( testing ) that migth be more
> stable : the Knoppix  seams diferent from the debian  , and because i canot
> understand nothing , i canot  use the help .

ah, too bad. do not fear the terminal! it is your friend.
especially if you're going to reinstall afterwards, you can drive into the
abyss together..

the steps i omitted were:

* open a terminal (i.e. xterm, a text console, anything that will look
like you're staring at a mysterious hungry animal...)
* type 'su' then when prompted for a password type the password for 'root'
* type 'cd /usr/lib'
* type 'mv tls tls-nvidia'
* type 'ldconfig'
* try to start an app using opengl, if it works, phase one is successful.

> BUT , i' ll try again , Do you think that the last sarge ( beta4_installer )
> can support the help you gave me ?

i guess it will give the same problem. i don't know about the
bet4_installer.