[PD] (Off-topic) Mac OS X + Built-in audio + MIDI

Jorge Cardoso jccardoso at porto.ucp.pt
Mon May 31 13:43:18 CEST 2004

Hi,

This is slightly off-topic but I've tried almost everything with no success
so here it goes
(also, I'm not too fluent in Mac-ish so bare with me):

How can I configure Mac OS X with MIDI through the built-in audio card?

In the MIDI audio setup utility I can see a IAC driver... what is this?
PD lists this as a MIDI device but I still can't hear any MIDIs...

I'm guessing I need a Core Audio driver for the built-in sound card but I don't
know where to get it...

I have a PowerPC G4 machine.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
jc

---
Jorge Cardoso

Centro de Investigação em Ciência e Tecnologia das Artes (CITAR)
Univ. Católica Portuguesa Centro Regional do Porto
Rua Diogo Botelho 1327
4169 - 005 Porto - Portugal
Tel: 226196200 Ext: 133
"Whether you believe you can, or whether you believe you can't, you're
absolutely right." - Henry Ford