[PD] memory locking (was: Re: [PD-announce] loading soundfiles on the fly)

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Mon May 31 14:47:09 CEST 2004

> > i've been working on a threaded soundfiler, that i've added to the
> > devel_0_37 branch, providing the capabilities of loading / saving
> > arrays on the fly without interrupting the dsp performance.
>
> I just did a fresh checkout of devel_0_37 but I still have dropouts
> when using soundfiler to load stuff into tables.
the problem is the memory locking that the realtime mode implies... i
don't think that it's a good idea to switch it off ...

i disabled the memory locking before allocating the memory and enabled
it after that ... should work now...

cheers...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,