[PD] File Management

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Jun 1 16:30:53 CEST 2004

Zachris Trolin wrote:
> Can anybody point me in the right direction.

I'll try.

> Im looking for something(1) in pd than lets me load a whole directory or
> multiple directories containing soundfiles, into something(2) that lets
> me choose any one file randomly and just play it back.

One place to check is Yves' Unauthorized externals. In it is an external
called Playlist, which is a one-click file selector. You can also send
it a number, which will select a file from the list. The number wraps
around, so any number over the current number of files in th elist will
start over from the top. Nice for random selections ;-)

Playlist doesn't work with multiple directories, however. You can change
directories, but not select from several of them at once.

good luck,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl