[PD] Slight change to OSCroute and one last OSC license issue

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jun 1 18:11:35 CEST 2004

Hallo,

for your information: The OSCroute object in CVS has a slight change
in its behaviour compared to earlier versions. This change actually
shouldn't affect anyone (besides me) because it removed a feature that
was undocumented anyways. (Earlier versions of OSCroute allowed
wildcards in the test-pattern like /s* which was matching /sequence
as well.)

The current version does not match things like /seq on /s* anymore.
The only wildcard allowed in the test-pattern is the string "/*" which
splits off the first path component.

Note that all kinds of wildcards in the incoming message are of course
still allowed and evaluated.

The second issue is regarding the licence of some files. These
pd-specific source files still have the non-profit clause in it, which
makes them non-free:

 OSCroute.c
 dumpOSC.c
 htmsocket.c
 sendOSC.c

I'd like to remove that clause and replace it with the upstream
(Matt's) free license. So please if you contributed to one of these
files, speak up now.

I'd also like to suggest to make the Sourceforge OSC for Pd the
canonical OSC for Pd. There already are several imporant changes done
only there, I believe.

If someone (Bryan?) isn't a Sourceforge developer yet but wants to
directly update Pd-OSC just ask on pd-dev or me directly to get a dev
account for Pd-CVS.

That's it for now.

Ciao