[PD] Gem cvs installation problems on Fedora1

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jun 2 00:51:59 CEST 2004

> I run a
> - fedora core1 distro
> - Planet Ccrma audio/video install
> Everything works quite fine (including Gem 0.88) but
> I can't get the latest Gem (0.90 taken from cvs) to compile.
> Even if I compiled/installed Mesa (6.01), Glut(3.7), etc. (in /usr/local
> and /usr)
>
> The ./configure script claims
> that glInitNames in -lGL... no
> that glInitNames in -lMesaGL... no
> and finally that OpenGL is mandatory
>
> really can't undestand why.
> It worked fine on a RH9 though...??

Probably you don't have the needed development packages installed. This
is what I currently have in the build requirements list for gem (not
tested with 0.90...):

%if "%{distro_release}" == "9"
Requires:       glut >= 3.7-13
%endif

BuildRequires: pd >= %{pdver}
BuildRequires: gcc-c++ avifile-devel freetype-devel glib-devel
XFree86-devel
BuildRequires: gltt-devel glut-devel libdv-devel libjpeg-devel
libpng-devel
BuildRequires: libtiff-devel

%if "%{quicktime}" == "1"
BuildRequires: libquicktime-devel libmpeg3
%endif

You probably need "glut-devel"...
-- Fernando