[PD] compiling maxlib, nchange & change

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jun 2 15:13:03 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> > Not a good idea, IMO. Why not write or keep it as an external? Changes
> > to the core vocabulary shouldn't be done unless they are done in all
> > versions of Pd.
> i see your point ... on the other hand it's not consistent to provide
> several data structures (floats, symbols, lists ...) and only some of
> these data structures are being supported by change...

Well, you also cannot divide symbols. ;)

Actually I wouldn't have a problem with extending change the way you
suggested, but I would have a big problem with changing change so
patches between the MSP and the CVS pd (or imPD) would not be
exchangeable anymore. (That's a lot of change in this sentence)

Of course a a "shange" ("super change") external which will work like
change for everything would be useful.

Ciao